Affiliation and Course of Study
This school follows the Education Pattern set by the council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi. The University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate with the assistance of Inter State for Anglo-Indian Education established the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations in 1958. In 1973 the Govt. of India recognized the Council as a body to conduct Public Examinations in India through an Act of the Parliament and the Council is appointed as one of the Indian Examination bodies. Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) is recognized by all the Education Boards in the Country and by many Overseas too.
A) The school prepares students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), New Delhi from the nursery classes up to 10th standard and every student is required to take the following subjects as course of study:
- English & Punjabi;
- Hindi & Mathematics;
- Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology);
- History, Civics & Geography;
- Physical Education or Computer Science;
- Socially Useful Productive Work (SUPW) and Community Service;
- Environmental Education (from classes 1st to 8th only).
- ICSE pass certificates shall only be awarded to such candidates who would obtain the minimum prescribed pass marks in all subjects. Similarly, it is mandatory to secure a pass grade in S.U.P.W as well. We also prepare the students of 11th and 12th for the Indian School Certificate (ISC) Examination of the Council.
B) ISC Section (Classes XI-XII) admits students who have passed ICSE or its equivalent, and prepares them for the Indian School Certificate (ISC) Examination of the Council, in the following two streams :
- Science Stream (Med. or Non-Med.); and
- Commerce Stream.
Compulsory Subjects for all streams: 1. English; and 2. S.U.P.W.
Group I: Medical Stream:- 1. Physics; 2. Chemistry; 3. Biology; and 4. Any one of the optional subjects.
Group II: Non-Medical Stream:- 1. Physics; 2. Chemistry; 3. Mathematics; and 4. Any one of the optional subjects.
Group III: Commerce Stream:- 1. Accounts; 2. Commerce; 3. Economics; and 4. Any one of the optional subjects.
Optional Subjects:- 1. Physical Education; 2. Computer Applications; and 3. Mathematics.
Maths Option Criteria: Those with Maths as a main subject may opt from the remaining subjects.
- The ISC is a separate course and admission to the course is entirely at the discretion of the school authorities even for the students who have completed the ICSE from this school as well.
- Admission is based mainly on merit.
- Provisional admission will be granted on the basis of marks obtained in the Pre-Board Exams with a nominal provisional fee which will not be returned in case a student withdraws later. Subject to the overall minimum percentage, pass marks in all subjects including English is compulsory.
The required minimum %age of Marks for admission to all streams of this institution is given below:-
Medical : Overall 70% and above in ICSE (higher marks in Science would be an added advantage).
Non Medical: Overall 70% and above in ICSE (higher marks in Maths would be an added advantage).
Commerce: Overall 70% and above in ICSE (higher marks in Accounts would be an added advantage).
Admissions will be done on a 'first-come-first- served' basis subject to eligibility and availability of vacancy.